Notices2018/06/19NEED A DOCTOR?2018/06/19CANADA DAY 20182018/06/04Municipal 511 Notification2018/06/04Municipal 511 Notification2018/05/28NOTICE OF SALE OF SURPLUS LAND2018/05/25HORTON HOEDOWN2018/05/15OPP - NEWS PORTAL2018/05/10BUILDING AN EMERGENCY SURVIVAL KIT2018/03/22Candidate Information
June 2nd, 2018CHILDREN'S DANCE LESSONS
June 4th, 2018HERITAGE ARTS & CRAFTS LADIES GROUP
June 5th, 2018Council Meeting - 4:00 p.m.
June 9th, 2018CHILDREN'S DANCE LESSONS
June 11th, 2018HERITAGE ARTS & CRAFTS LADIES GROUP
June 16th, 2018CHILDREN'S DANCE LESSONS
June 18th, 2018HERITAGE ARTS & CRAFTS LADIES GROUP
June 19th, 2018Council Meeting - 4:00 p.m.
June 25th, 2018HERITAGE ARTS & CRAFTS LADIES GROUP
Qualifications to Be a Candidate
In order to run for office in the Township of Horton, the individual must be:
- A Canadian citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- A resident of the Township of Horton, or
- An owner or tenant of land in the Township of Horton, or the spouse of the owner or tenant
- Not legally prohibited from voting
- Not disqualified by any legislation from holding office
Who is not eligible to be a council candidate?
Candidates must not be the following:
- A judge of any court
- A member of Provincial Legislature, the Federal House of Commons or Senate who has not resigned from their office by the close of nominations
- A candidate who failed to file the necessary financial statement in the last municipal election or by-election
Candidates must file nomination papers within dates and times outlined as the accepted Nomination period for 2018. The opening of Nomination is Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. and the period closes on Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2 p.m.
*Note- Nomination forms will be made available April, 2018
Candidates must not raise or spend money on their campaign until Nomination papers are filed successfully with the CAO/Clerk or Deputy ClerkThe nomination must be completed in full and filed in person by the candidate or an agent of the candidate and include:
- Identification suitable to the CAO/Clerk or Deputy Clerk;
- Nomination Paper- Form 1;
- If applicable, in the case of a nomination on a council, be endorsed by at least 25 persons and be accompanied by a prescribed declaration by each of the persons endorsing the nomination; and
- Application filing fee will apply.