Notices2018/10/12CHRISTMAS CRAFT SHOW2018/10/11COUNTRY DANCE- OCT 19/20182018/10/04TRIVIA NIGHT2018/09/10EUCHRE2018/09/10COUNTRY DANCES2018/09/06HARVEST SUPPER2018/08/27KIDS HELP PHONE NOW OFFERS LIVE CHAT2018/08/232018 Official Candidate List
October 2nd, 2018Council Meeting - 4:00 p.m.
October 4th, 2018EUCHRE
October 7th, 2018FLAG FOOTBALL
October 14th, 2018FLAG FOOTBALL
October 16th, 2018Council Meeting - 4:00 p.m.
October 18th, 2018EUCHRE
October 19th, 2018COUNTRY DANCE- OCT 19/2018
October 20th, 2018HARVEST SUPPER
October 21st, 2018FLAG FOOTBALL
October 28th, 2018FLAG FOOTBALL
Qualifications to Be a Candidate
In order to run for office in the Township of Horton, the individual must be:
- A Canadian citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- A resident of the Township of Horton, or
- An owner or tenant of land in the Township of Horton, or the spouse of the owner or tenant
- Not legally prohibited from voting
- Not disqualified by any legislation from holding office
Who is not eligible to be a council candidate?
Candidates must not be the following:
- A judge of any court
- A member of Provincial Legislature, the Federal House of Commons or Senate who has not resigned from their office by the close of nominations
- A candidate who failed to file the necessary financial statement in the last municipal election or by-election
Candidates must file nomination papers within dates and times outlined as the accepted Nomination period for 2018. The opening of Nomination is Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. and the period closes on Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2 p.m.
*Note- Nomination forms will be made available April, 2018
Candidates must not raise or spend money on their campaign until Nomination papers are filed successfully with the CAO/Clerk or Deputy ClerkThe nomination must be completed in full and filed in person by the candidate or an agent of the candidate and include:
- Identification suitable to the CAO/Clerk or Deputy Clerk;
- Nomination Paper- Form 1;
- If applicable, in the case of a nomination on a council, be endorsed by at least 25 persons and be accompanied by a prescribed declaration by each of the persons endorsing the nomination; and
- Application filing fee will apply.